Blog Archive

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Akon wants to act in Bollywood movies

Senegalese-American singer Akon, who turned 38 just a day ago, considers India as his "second home" and loves its culture.
Akon wants to act in Bollywood movies
"About India I like mostly the culture. I simply love Indian culture and equally adore African. I love the fact that it is so parallel to African culture. Both cultures are so similar with an interesting historical background, and I admire the way Indians and Africans preserve them," he said.

"Most cultures do not put emphasis on history. But in India they (people) never forgot their history and passed it down to the generations. Their approach is so strong about history -- from religion to lifestyle. The legacy is carried on for generations. The best part is that people never forget their history," the singer said.

Asked whether he will be visiting any historical places during his India tour, Akon said, "I wish I could. On this trip, unfortunately, due to my tight schedule I won't be able to do it. I think I will just make a trip just for that."

Akon, in Mumbai, met up with some actors like Suniel Shetty and his wife Mana, and Sonakshi Sinha.

He expressed his desire to act in Bollywood films.

"I am waiting to get into Bollywood movies. I'm not quite sure what character I would want to play...but I definitely want to do it," Akon told reporters here.

The Smack that hit maker has worked with composer Aadesh Srivastava and also sang a song for Shahrukh Khan's forthcoming film Ra.One.

"It was an amazing experience to work with Shah Rukh . Actually he opened me up to Bollywood. I can remember all the Khans. I enjoyed so much that I am trying to get into Bollywood," the Senegalese-American rapper and singer said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews