Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No animosity with Kareena, says Deepika

Actress Deepika Padukone is looking rejuvenated and charged to face the world. The actress is flying high in her film career recently.
indian-cine-actress-desi-film-heroine-deepika-padukone
DP recently finished shooting for the first schedule of Rajinikanth-starrer Rana, Prakash Jha's Aarakshan with Amitabh Bachchan, and Desi Boyz with Akshay Kumar.

"Just the fact that I get to work with two legends like Amit ji and Rajni sir, despite being completely unplanned in this one year, makes it worthwhile already," says the beautiful actress.

The second schedule of Rana, which she will film around June-July with the southern superstar, is keeping her anxious, though. For now, Dippy has wrapped up a 'heroine only' song for the fantasy movie. "I haven’t shot with Rajni sir yet," says Deepika, admitting her nervousness.

"Once I get that ball rolling, I’ll feel better. I met him on the muhurat and I was overwhelmed. I don't know where he gets his energy from. Though he was unwell at that time, I just couldn’t tell," she reveals.

Her eyes, however, light up when she talks of her next film Desi Boyz, which sees her being paired with Bolly hunk, John Abraham. Much is being written about a budding friendship between the two. “John is a great co-star and I am really happy to be working with him,” says Deepika adding, “We are good friends and I know people are looking forward to seeing us, but so am I.”

Deepika and Saif

indian-cine-actress-desi-film-heroine-deepika-padukone
They were a successful pair in Love Aaj Kal. And now, Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone will be seen in three films together – Prakash Jha's Aarakshan, Abbas-Mastan's Race 2 and Homi Adajania's Cocktail.

The duo's chemistry that was much-spoken about during Imtiaz Ali's 2009 release had reportedly led to some issues between Deepika and Saif’s girlfriend, Kareena Kapoor.

When asked whether these three films together may rake up that past, Deepika says, "Such reports haven't changed my equation with Kareena. There is no animosity with her or Katrina," says Deepika.

"A lot of these stories are media created. I don't even get a chance to interact with them to have an issue," she concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews