Blog Archive

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kannada actress Maria Susairaj claims innocence (Neeraj murder case)

Maria Susairaj, an actress from Sandalwood (Kannada film industry), who walked out of jail today (02-July-2011) after serving more than three years behind bars in Neeraj Grover murder case, claimed she is innocent and the conviction is a 'stigma' on her life.
2011-July-Kannada-actress-Maria-Susairaj
The starlet was found guilty under IPC Section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and awarded the maximum punishment of three-year jail term along with boyfriend Emlie Jerome, a former navy officer.

While her lawyer defended her, Maria herself spoke just three words, "I am innocent," and said she will not talk more.

Maria's lawyer also made it clear that she is not going to join the film industry, even as film maker Ram Gopal Verma showed interest in casting her in his movie.

The 30-year-old Kannada actress, who has been under intense media glare ever since she was accused of being involved in the death of TV executive Neeraj Grover in 2008, chose a press conference to express her side of the story. This after she walked free today (02-July-2011) after spending three years in jail.

"I have left my past behind. I have not yet decided on (the) future. I will let my family decide," she said. Mariah said she painted and prayed in prison. "I have not yet digested the fact that I have been convicted, and I have not seen so many people in the past three years," she said.

However, both Maria and her lawyer Sherif Sheikh refused to comment on the case or the judgement or the victim Grover, saying the matter was still sub-judice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews