Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kate Winslet: I hate myself onscreen

Hollywood filmstar Kate Winslet is passionate about her acting but hates watching herself on the screen. The 35-year-old actress says she “squirms” when she watches herself on screen.

"I always wanted to be an actress for as long as I can remember, and I'm incredibly fortunate that my career has turned out the way it has. I watch my films once, and that's it. The experience of making a movie is far removed from watching the end result. It's exciting, but it still makes me squirm," said the Titanic star.

Kate, who won an Oscar for her role in The Reader (2009), previously took a break from work since was not feeling productive. “I just waited until the dust had settled. In the last few years I’ve allowed myself to acknowledge the fact that I do really need my job. And so, not only did I feel good and ready, I felt good and ready to be destroyed by a role again,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews